List Serv Agreement
List Serv Rules
By joining and using this INCPAS List Serv, you agree that you have read and will abide by the rules and guidelines established for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited for this specific forum.
As with any community, there are guidelines governing behavior on the List Servs. For instance, violating antitrust regulations, libeling others, selling, and marketing are not permissible. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. INCPAS reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules.
- Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not post commercial messages or solicit services. The cyberspace term for this is spamming. Contact people directly with products and services that you believe would help them.
- Personal or contact information of list participants seen on this list is intended solely for the use of this list, and should not be distributed to a third party. For example, if you believe a list participant could benefit from the services offered by a third party; contact that list participant directly with the contact information of the third party.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a List Serv message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Remember that INCPAS and other e-mail list participants have the right to produce postings to this List Serv.
Disclaimer and Legal Rules
This List Serv is provided as a service of the Indiana CPA Society. INCPAS accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. INCPAS disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted through this service, whether posted by INCPAS or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event s hall INCPAS be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants INCPAS and users of this list the nonexclusive right to license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
INCPAS does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of INCPAS, all appropriate action will be taken.
INCPAS reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
List Serv Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only relevant portions of the original message in your reply, delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals - not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application's forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the List Serv. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message".
- You can post by "replying" to someone else's posting. Changing the subject line to the name of your topic lets others know you are beginning a new discussion. Leaving the subject line alone informs others that you are responding to a previous post. Note: Remove any existing ext from the body of the email before writing your message. The "text chain" of messages can become clutter-some and difficult to read.
* Note: If you do not accept and agree to the rules established herein, you will be unable to access the INCPAS List Serv.